FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
- All Programs - How do I set up an Eleyo Profile?
- All Programs - I already have an Eleyo account and student profile(s)
- Summer Academy - Which location should I choose?
- Summer Academy - What if my child has to miss several days or weeks due to a pre-planned vacation?
- Summer Academy - What is Summer Academy? How will classes be structured?
- Summer Academy - Where can I find the invitation code to register for Summer Academy?
- Summer Academy and Summer Enrichment - Authorized Pick-up procedures
- Summer Academy and Summer Enrichment - Confirmation Letters
- Summer Academy and Summer Enrichment - Drop-off & Pick-up Procedures - SOLANA VISTA
- Summer Academy and Summer Enrichment - Drop-off & Pick-up Procedures - SOLANA HIGHLANDS
- Summer Academy and Summer Enrichment - Is childcare provided?
- Summer Academy and Summer Enrichment - Is Lunch provided?
- Summer Academy and Summer Enrichment - Schedule & Locations
- Summer Academy and Summer Enrichment - What if my child is going to be absent?
- Summer Academy and Summer Enrichment - Who are the Summer Program Principals?
- Summer Academy and Summer Enrichment - Who will be teaching the classes?
- Summer Enrichment - Are scholarships available?
- Summer Enrichment - Cancellation & Refund Policy
- Summer Enrichment - Class Switches/changes
- Summer Enrichment - Fees
- Summer Enrichment - If the class I want to register for is already full is there a waiting list?
- Summer Enrichment - Kindergarten: Ready, Set, Go
- Summer Enrichment - We have a vacation planned. Can I send my child for only a week or two?
- Summer Enrichment - What are the Summer Enrichment Registration Dates?
Setting up your Account Profile
This quick reference will walk you through the process for setting up your new Account Profile. We encourage you to add all members of your household and add emergency contacts for your children (if applicable) in anticipation of future registrations within the Eleyo system.
Create your Account Profile
✓Select Sign In (top, right corner). If your email address is recognized as a previously registered user, please use the Forgot Password link to receive an emailed link to create a password. Otherwise select Create Account.
✓Complete the Register a New Account Form then select Create Account.
✓After you have finished setting up your profile, select Explore All Programs then Your Dashboard. Continue to the steps below to Add Family Members and Emergency Contacts.
An email will be sent from Eleyo with a link to verify your account. Use the Verify Your Email Address button on that email to verify your account.
Add Family Members and Emergency Contacts to Your Account Profile
✓If you are not already on the website, browse to https://sbsd.net/summer and login with your email address and password.
✓Select your name in the top right, corner of the screen then Your Account/Relationships.
✓Use the Add button to add all family members to facilitate upcoming registrations in the system. When adding a grade for a Pre-K student, select Kindergarten and the year your child will be entering Kindergarten (you may edit this at a later date if needed).
✓Select the Create Person button. Use the Emergency Contacts button to add emergency contacts for children in your profile. In order to prevent creating duplicate users in the system, when adding an Emergency Contact already attached to your profile, select from the list of already existing users as you type. Use the Copy Emergency Contacts to copy contacts from child to child.
✓After you have finished setting up your profile, select Explore All Programs then Your Dashboard. This will populate your contact information within the system.
Parents should keep the following student information updated:
- Attending School in the fall
- Parent phone numbers
- Emergency Contacts
If parents have an existing Eleyo account for their student(s), it is up to them to keep the following information on their student updated:
- Attending School in the fall
- Parent phone numbers
- Emergency Contacts
Please use the Forgot Password button to reset your password
If your student currently attends Solana Vista, Skyline, or Solana Santa Fe please choose Solana Vista
If your student currently attends Carmel Creek, Solana Ranch, Solana Highlands, or Solana Pacific please choose Solana Highlands
We understand that summer vacations may be planned to take place during the Summer Academy time frame, however, attendance is mandatory for the 20 days of instruction. If your student cannot attend all 20 days, we ask that you please decline the invitation so that the opportunity may be offered to another student.
Summer Academy is designed to give an extra boost to students' academic skills. During our Summer Academy classes, teachers will:
- Reinforce key standards and concepts from the grade level just completed
- Give students a jump-start on the coming grade level’s standards
- Build up students’ confidence as learners/scholars
While the days will consist of standards-based learning, classes are smaller than during the school year, the atmosphere is lighthearted, and students are engaged throughout the day in hands-on, project-based activities
Our Summer Academy classes are quite often centered around an engaging theme and each teacher brings their individual passions and flair to the summer class during the planning process and throughout the summer.
The invitation code can be found on the second page of the invitation letter provided by your students classroom teacher
Anyone picking up or dropping off a student during summer program hours must go to the main office of the summer school site and fill out the “Sign In/Out ” binder located at the front desk. They must be authorized, present a current picture I.D., and be listed on the students emergency card. You may add/update emergency contacts in your Elyeo account.
Confirmation letters are generated at the time of registration. Please check the email you used to create your account and register your student. A second confirmation will be sent electronically two days prior to classes starting. The second confirmation will contain teacher name and classroom number.
Summer Program 2022
Solana Vista Drop Off and Pick Up Procedures
Please remember to drive slowly and model kindness & respect for our children :)
- When entering and exiting during morning drop off and afternoon pick up, all vehicles should enter campus through the west driveway on Santa Victoria and exit through the north driveway back onto Santa Victoria. See map below.
• Parents/Guardians who wish to drive, park and walk their child(ren) to the school gate in the morning or collect their child at the school gate in the afternoon will need to park in the parking lot or on the street and utilize street and driveway crosswalks to navigate to and from the gate. In the morning, parent/guardians will need to remain with their child until the gate opens at 8:15am and will need to wait at the gate until Summer Program dismissal at 12:00pm.
- Parents/Guardians who wish to utilize the drive through drop off/pick up option will need to pull forward as far as possible when dropping off and picking up. All parents need to remain in their vehicles. Staff will support students getting out of the car.• Do not park in or block any of the driveways of the homes in our neighborhood.
- Use marked crosswalks when crossing the parking lot, streets, and driveway.
- If your child needs to enter or exit on the left side of your car, use parking lot or street parking instead of the drive-through option and walk your child to/collect your child from the school gate.
- Do not leave your car unattended in the red zones at any time. Your car will be cited or towed if you park in these areas.
- The green curb is for loading and unloading only (5-10 min. max). Your car will be towed by law enforcement if you remain in this area for an extended period of time.
- Supervision ends at 12:15 PM. All students should be picked up by this time, unless prior arrangements have been made through CDC.
Solana Highlands Elementary School
3520 Long Run Dr. San Diego, CA 92130
**DROP OFF & PICK UP PROCEDURES**
To ensure a smooth drop off and pick up, please follow the procedures outlined below.
On the first few days of our Summer Programs, there will be a sign taped to a chair on the blacktop. This sign will indicate where your child’s class will line up every day during our summer program. Teachers and support staff will be out in the mornings to help assist your child with finding their teachers sign as they enter their designated gate. Please let your child know that they will find their teacher's sign and stand in line until it is time to go into the building.
Student a.m. drop-off (arrival time 8:15-8:30):
We will have three drop off/pick up points at Solana Highlands: Front Entrance/Kindergarten Playground Gate, East Entrance Parking Lot and West Entrance Ramp (corner of High Bluff and Long Run). * Please see the map for details on the last page.
- Students will go to their assigned class lineup areas once inside the gate.
For vehicle drop off, please pull as far forward as possible. All parents will remain in the vehicle. Our morning greeter will help the children depart the vehicle from the passenger side only and have them enter the blacktop area. If you are doing a walking drop off, you may take your child to the gate but please do not enter the campus.
1. Students in ESY will use the front entrance area to meet their class. Students can either safely exit a parked vehicle or be driven through the curb lane. For vehicle drop off, please pull as far forward as possible.
2. All Summer Academy and Enrichment students going into 2nd grade and higher will use the East Entrance Parking Lot. Students can either safely exit a parked vehicle or walk in from the park access.
3. All Summer Academy and Enrichment students going into Kindergarten or 1st grade can enter the West Ramp or if drive thru is necessary then enter the playground gate by the front entrance. For vehicle drop off, please pull as far forward as possible.
Student p.m. pick-up (departure 12:00-12:10):
1. Students in ESY will use the front entrance area to meet their parent/guardian. Students can either be picked up when their car arrives at the curbside or parent/guardian does a walk up pick up. Teachers will verify each student's pick up connection. For vehicle drop off, please pull as far forward as possible.
2. All Summer Academy and Enrichment students going into 2nd grade and higher will use the East Entrance Parking Lot. Your child will be waiting in a designated area inside the gate. Please stay outside the gate and your child will meet you.
3. All Summer Academy and Enrichment students going into Kindergarten or 1st grade will exit the West Ramp or if drive thru is necessary then exit the playground gate by the front entrance. Your child will be waiting in a designated area inside the gate. If you are doing a walking pick up, please stay outside the gate and your child will meet you. If you need to drive through please pull as far forward as possible. All parents will remain in the vehicle. Our afternoon greeter will come by and ask you for the first/last name of your child and the name of their teacher. Our greeter will help the children enter the vehicle on the curbside only. Please leave promptly and safely.
● Please remember to follow the instructions of the staff member on duty. Remember, these procedures are for the safety of your child and the benefit of everyone.
- If you have more than one child to pick up, we recommend you use the pick-up area of the youngest student
● Only park in designated areas or along the street. Please do not park along the drop off/pick up curbs.
● There is no parking anytime between 8:15-8:30 a.m. or 12:00-12:15 p.m. in the front parking lot as there is too much traffic for safety reasons, except for students who may have physical limitations.
● Students are not going to be playing on play structures at drop off or pick up because those structures will not be supervised for safety.
● We recommend you discuss the dismissal/pick-up plan with your student(s) prior to the first day of classes. Please let them know if you will be driving or walking to pick them up, this will also assist us in the pick up process. Please let them know who to expect to pick them up each day and who your alternate pick up person may be.
● Please be patient, as the first few days can be a bit chaotic as we work out all the kinks. We appreciate your cooperation and support.
Solana Beach School District Childcare Information
The Solana Beach Child Development Center (CDC) will offer after-care for students attending Summer Programs for a separate fee. Care will be available at Solana Highlands and Solana Vista from noon until 4:00 p.m.
The CDC Summer Program is designed for children entering K-7. Each child attending the summer program must be registered with CDC. Registration is done online.
For fee information please contact CDC at (858) 794-7160
For information regarding the Child Development Center, call (858) 794-7160, or visit our website at www.sbsd.net/cdc
Lunch is NOT provided at either school site. Please send a snack with your student each day.
Student Dates: June 14, 2022 - July 15, 2022
Student Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Classes are Tuesday - Friday with NO classes offered on Mondays
- Solana Vista Elementary
- Solana Highlands Elementary
For additional Information call 858-794-7138. After programs begin, please call the school sites.
Please call the summer school site that your child is attending to report that your child will be absent. Please do not report your child's absence to the district office. There will be no credit or refunds for missed days of class.
Solana Highlands - John Galipault
Mr. Galipault is currently the Assistant Principal for Carmel Creek and has been an Assistant Principal for the past three years supporting staff in their instruction and support of student learning, and spent thirteen years as a science teacher opening young minds to inquiry.
Mr. Galipault is excited to join the summer school programs as Principal at Solana Highlands, and looks forward to enhancing the learning opportunities for every child.
Solana Vista - Jennifer Price
Ms. Price is currently the Assistant Principal at Solana Ranch Elementary and has been in education for 15 years. She is passionate about literacy, hands-on learning and restorative practices, and is excited to lead our programs this summer!
We have a dynamic team of certificated teachers on board for this summer. Some are current SBSD teachers along with a handful from other districts who like to work with us over the summer
There are a limited number of scholarships available for enrichment classes. Scholarships are ONLY available to current SBSD students and their siblings. Applications will be accepted beginning April 1, 2022 through May 1, 2022.
To be eligible for scholarships, students must meet the following criteria:
- Eligible for Free or Reduced cost meals within the Solana Beach School District during the 2021- 2022 school year.
- Students must attend all days of school for the full 3.5 hours per day
- Scholarships are for registration fees only and may not include the additional supplies fees for some classes.
To apply for a scholarship:
- Pick up a Summer Enrichment Scholarship form at your school site or download one from our website
- Complete the registration form and attach a copy of your free/reduced price meal application
Submit completed applications to the district office at:
309 N. Rios Ave
Solana Beach, CA 92075
Attention Evonne Cordova, Instructional Services
Cancellation Policy - Solana Beach School District reserves the right to cancel classes due to low enrollment. If it is necessary to cancel a class a full refund is guaranteed. We would also like to invite you to choose another "open" class.
Refund Policy & Procedure - Parents should contact Evonne Cordova at the district office to discuss any cancelations or class switches. Please email the refund request to email@example.com prior to the first day of school or call 858-794-7138.
- Refunds will not be granted after the first day of class.
- A full refund will be given if the class is canceled.
- Absolutely no refunds, credits or transfers of payment made for the class will be given once the classes start regardless if the child attends or not.
- There are NO sibling discounts.
Please plan carefully! The district reserves the right to make class changes to better balance out the classroom setting. The district will contact parents if class switches need to be made or if a class is made into a combo class. Should a parent wish to make a class switch please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 858-794-7138 and speak with Evonne Cordova.
Fee per course is $500 (some courses may have an extra supplies fee, see class descriptions for details)
Yes. When a class fills up, registrants will automatically be added to the waitlist. There is no cost to add a student to a waitlist. When a spot opens, students will be moved into the class and a confirmation email will be generated along with an invoice. All courses must be paid for in full prior to the first day of Summer Enrichment. Any student with a balance due will be dropped from the course.
Please let us know if your summer plans change and you no longer wish to be on the waitlist or in the class.
Every effort will be made to place your child with students from the school they will be attending in the fall. We like to help students make friends in the summer so there are familiar faces when they start school in the fall. This program is open to students from ALL districts and registration fills up quickly. Student must be 5 years old by September 1, 2022. Please include the school that your child will attend in the fall on the online registration. The 2022-2023 classroom placements are not made until after Summer Enrichment concludes and school sites open in August.
We understand that summer vacations may take place at the same time as the Summer Enrichment program. You are free to have your child attend for less than the full five week program, however, we do not prorate our classes and no discounts will be given for days or weeks missed.
Online registration will open on April 1, 2022 at 7 a.m. and close on May 13, 2022 at 11:59 p.m.
Summer courses are open to students from all districts. Confirmation notices will be emailed upon completion of student registration. Please keep a copy of the confirmation for your records. A reminder confirmation will be emailed a few days before classes start containing the teacher name and classroom number.
Still have questions?
Feel free to contact us with what's on your mind.