FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
- Summer Enrichment - 01 - Parents/Guardians How to set up an Eleyo Profile?
- Summer Enrichment - 02 - Schedule & Locations
- Summer Enrichment - 03 - Cancellation & Refund Policy
- Summer Enrichment - 04 - Fees
- Summer Enrichment - 05 - Scholarships
- Summer Enrichment - 06 - Summer Enrichment Registration Dates
- Summer Enrichment - 07 - What if my child is going to be absent?
- Summer Enrichment - 08 - Confirmation Letters
- Summer Enrichment - 09 - Class Switches/changes
- Summer Enrichment - 10 - Can I send my child for only a week?
- Summer Enrichment - 11 - Authorized Pick-up procedures
- Summer Enrichment - 12 - If the class I want to register for is already full is there a waiting list?
- Summer Enrichment - 13 - Kindergarten: Ready, Set, Go?
- Summer Enrichment - 14 - Is Lunch provided?
- Summer Enrichment - 15 - Solana Vista DROP-OFF & PICK-UP Procedures?
- Summer Enrichment - 16 - Solana Highlands DROP-OFF & PICK-UP procedures? MG TO UPDATE
- Summer Enrichment - 17 - Who are the Summer Enrichment Principals?
- Summer Enrichment - 18 - CDC - Childcare provided?
Setting up your Account Profile
Hello from Solana Beach School District! We have transitioned to a new online registration system called Eleyo. This quick reference will walk you through the process for setting up your new Account Profile. We encourage you to add all members of your household and add emergency contacts for your children (if applicable) in anticipation of future registrations within the Eleyo system.
Create your Account Profile
✓Select Sign In (top, right corner). If your email address is recognized as a previously registered user, please use the Forgot Password link to receive an emailed link to create a password. Otherwise select Create Account.
✓Complete the Register a New Account Form then select Create Account.
✓After you have finished setting up your profile, select the Community Education link in the upper left area of the screen then select Explore All Programs then Your Dashboard. This will populate your contact information within the Community Education system -or- continue to the steps below to Add Family Members and Emergency Contacts.
An email will be sent from Eleyo with a link to verify your account. Use the Verify Your Email Address button on that email to verify your account.
Add Family Members and Emergency Contacts to Your Account Profile
✓If you are not already on the website, browse to https://sbsd.net/summer and login with your email address and password.
✓Select your name in the top right, corner of the screen then Your Account/Relationships.
✓Use the Add button to add all family members to facilitate upcoming registrations in the system. When adding a grade for a Pre-K student, select Kindergarten and the year your child will be entering Kindergarten (you may edit this at a later date if needed).
✓Select the Create Person button. Use the Emergency Contacts button to add emergency contacts for children in your profile. In order to prevent creating duplicate users in the system, when adding an Emergency Contact already attached to your profile, select from the list of already existing users as you type. Use the Copy Emergency Contacts to copy contacts from child to child.
✓After you have finished setting up your profile, select the Community Education link in the top, left area of the screen then select Explore All Programs then Your Dashboard. This will populate your contact information within the Community Education system.
- Student Dates: June 24 - July 19, 2019
- Student Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. (NO LUNCH is provided)
- HOLIDAY - July 4th
- Solana Vista, 780 Santa Victoria, Solana Beach, CA 92075 , 858-794-3700
- Solana Highlands, 3520 Long Run Rd, San Diego CA 9213, 858-794-4300
- Additional Information call the summer hotline at 858-794-7138. After June 19, 2019 please call the prospective school sites.
Cancellation Policy - Solana Beach School District reserves the right to cancel classes due to low enrollment. If it is necessary to cancel a class a full refund is guaranteed. We would also like to invite you to choose another "open" class. We need a minimum of 17 student to fly a class.
Refund Policy & Procedure - Parents should contact Melani Graeser at the district office to discuss any cancelations or class switches. Please email the refund request to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the first day of school or call 858-794-7138. Refunds will not be granted after the first day of class. A full refund will only be given if the class is canceled. Absolutely no refunds, credits or transfers of payment made for the class will be given once the classes start regardless if the child attends or not.
There are NO sibling discounts.
Fee per course is $450 (some courses have an extra supplies fee, see class descriptions)
Minimum students required to create a class is 17.
Yes, there are a limited number of scholarships available for enrichment classes. Scholarships are ONLY for current SBSD students and their siblings. To be eligible for scholarships, students must meet the following criteria:
1. Eligible and approved for Free or Reduced cost meals within the Solana Beach School District during the 2018- 2019 school year.
2. Students must attend all 19 days of school for the full 3.5 hours per day
3. Scholarships are for registration fees only and may not include the additional supplies fees for some classes.
4. Applications will be accepted from April 1 - 30, 2019
Applications for scholarships will be accepted until April 30, 2019. To apply for a scholarship pick up a pink Summer Enrichment registration form at your school site, complete the registration form, attach a copy of your free/reduced lunch letter and submit it to the district office at 309 N. Rios, Solana Beach, CA 92075, attention Melani Graeser, Instructional Services.
Online registration will open on April 8 - June 14, 2019
Summer courses are open to students from all districts. Confirmation notices will be emailed upon completing of student registration. Please keep a copy of the confirmation for your records. A reminder confirmation will be emailed a few days before classes start.
Please call the actual summer school site (SH or SV) to report that your child will be absent. Do not report your child's absence to the district office. There will be no credit or refunds for missed days of class.
Confirmation letters are generated at the time of registration. Please check the email you used to create your account and register your student. A second confirmation will be sent electronically two days prior to classes starting.
Plan carefully! The district reserves the right to make class changes to better balance out the classroom setting. The district will contact parents if class switches need to be made or if a class is made into a combo class. Should a parent wish to make a class switch please send an email to email@example.com or call 858-794-7138 and speak with Melani Graeser.
We believe that an enjoyable summer experience is a 19 day experience. For this reason, we do not prorate our classes.
Anyone picking up or dropping off a student during enrichment hours must go to SH or SV main office and fill out the “Sign In/Out ” binder located at the front desk. They must be authorized and present a current picture I.D. and placed on the students emergency card. You may add emergency contacts to your existing account.
Summer Enrichment - 12 - If the class I want to register for is already full is there a waiting list?
Yes. We do create waiting lists. When a class fills up, please call 858-794-7138 or email us with your request at Email: firstname.lastname@example.org> and ask to be placed on the waiting list. We will contact you as soon as there is an opening.
Every effort will be made to place your child with students from the school he, or she, will be attending in the fall. We like to help students make friends in the summer so to have a familiar face when they start school in the fall. This program is opened to students from ALL districts and registration fills up quickly. Student must be 5 years old by September 1, 2019. Please include the school that your child will attend in the fall on the online registration. The 2019-2020 classroom placements are not made until after Summer Enrichment concludes and school sites open in August.
Lunch is NOT be provided at either school site. Please send a snack with your student each day.
On the first day of school, Monday, June 24, you may want to arrive a little bit early. There will be an all school flag salute on the blacktop to kick off summer school! Teachers will meet their class at the flag salute and assist with getting them back to their classroom
Student a.m. drop-off (arrival 8:15-8:30):
When dropping off your child, in the morning, unload in the designated area in front of the playground at the first stop sign. Students may exit their cars, from the right passenger side and walk to the designated classroom number, on the playground. Teachers will greet each group of students, daily, before going to the classrooms. Please look for a sign with your teacher’s name and room number on it.
Student p.m. pick-up (departure 12:00-12:15)
Students waiting on the playground for pick-up need to wait in line at their classroom numbers/sign with teacher’s name. If your child has not been picked up by 12:15, they will be brought to the office.
• Parents/caregivers remain in your cars at all times when moving through the car line.
• When exiting the parking lot, you must turn right or go straight. There are no left or U-turns permitted in this area.
• Please do not block in or park in any of the driveways of the homes in the neighborhood.
• Please do not leave your car unattended in the red zones at any time.
• Parents/caregivers picking up on the blacktop need to pass through the outside gate when it is opened at the designated time. Please do not come through the main doors before the bell rings.
• Be sure to use the marked crosswalks when crossing the parking lot, streets and driveway.
The safety of our students is something that we take very seriously. If you have questions or concerns, please contact the school office at (858) 794-3700 on or after June 20.
Lisa Mumby & Elisa Fregoso
Summer Enrichment Principals
STUDENT DROP-OFF AND PICK-UP/PARKING
Supervision starts at 8:15am and ends at 12:15pm
On the first day of summer enrichment, there will be a sign taped to a chair in the back of the school to show where your child’s class will be lining up every day. Many teachers supervise in the morning and may not be available to stand by the sign. Please help your child find the sign for their class and have him/her wait there until the teacher is available to pick up the class and go inside. Signs will be removed after the third day of school.
NOTE: The following procedures are for the safety of your child:
1. Student a.m. drop-off (8:15-8:30 am) - There are three drop-off zones(see map). NO PARKING is allowed in any of these zones. If you want to walk your child to class, you need to park in the east parking lot or on the street. Once at school, students line up in the back of the school with their class until their teacher walks the whole class into the building. NO FRONT DOOR ENTRY!
●“Ready Set Go!” students will meet in the kindergarten playground area. Parents need to park in the east parking lot or the street and walk to playground area for drop-off.
2. Student p.m. pick-up 12:00-12:15pm
●“Ready Set Go!” students are excused from the kindergarten playground area. Parents need to park in the east parking lot or the street and walk to playground area for pick-up.
●Pick-up for 1st,2nd and 3rd grade students will be at the West Curbside drop-off/pick-up location.
●4th, 5th and 6th grade students will be at the east pick-up zone (parking lot.)
*If you have more than one child, use the zone of the youngest child.
●If you are walking to pick up your child(ren) you can meet them at the back of the school. There will be an adult in the back of the school to supervise the play structure until 12:15.
3. U-turns are not allowed around the school zone and will be ticketed by the local police.
4. Crosswalk:All students must use the crosswalk to cross the street. If a student is seen crossing the street outside of a crosswalk, they will be given a detention on their next day of attending school.
5. Drop-off plan:Develop and discuss a daily drop-off and pick-up plan with your child(ren).
6. Students are not allowed on campus after 12:15 p.m. without adult supervision.
7. Safety and respect: As we must get students to and from school safely, it is necessary that each parent accept their responsibility. ALWAYS SHOW RESPECT FOR STAFF, WE'RE ALL DOING OUR BEST. Please follow the instructions of the staff member on duty. Thank you for your cooperation to ensure the safety of our students.
Elisa Fregoso & Stephanie Anastasopoulos
2018 Co-Summer Enrichment Principals, Carmel Creek Elementary
Solana Vista: Lisa Mumby & Elisa Fregoso
Solana Highlands: Heather Bangalan
Solana Beach School District
Child Development Center Summer Program 2019
The Solana Beach Child Development Center (CDC) will offer after childcare for children attending the Summer Enrichment Program at Solana Highlands and Solana Vista School.
Solana Highlands Childcare:
Grades K - 6 at Solana Highlands
June 24- July 19, 2019 ONLY
Noon - 6:30 p.m.
Solana Vista Childcare:
Grades K - 6 at Solana Vista
June 24- July 19, 2019 ONLY
Noon - 6:30 p.m.
* Both sites will be closed July 4, 2018
The CDC Summer Program is designed for children entering K-7, on a drop-in basis. Each child attending the summer program must be registered with CDC. Registration is done online.
The new enrollee yearly fee is $75 (non-refundable). Summer ONLY enrollment fee is $35. Re-enrollment fee is $35.
Drop-in fees are $34.00 for after enrichment care.
For information regarding the Child Development Center, call (858) 794-7160, or visit our website at www.sbsd.net/cdc
Still have questions?
Feel free to contact us with what's on your mind.