FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
- Summer Enrichment - 01 - Parents/Guardians How to set up an Eleyo Profile?
- Summer Enrichment - 02 - Schedule & Locations
- Summer Enrichment - 03 - Cancellation & Refund Policy
- Summer Enrichment - 04 - Fees
- Summer Enrichment - 05 - Scholarships
- Summer Enrichment - 06 - Summer Enrichment Registration Dates
- Summer Enrichment - 07 - What if my child is going to be absent?
- Summer Enrichment - 08 - Confirmation Letters
- Summer Enrichment - 09 - Class Switches/changes
- Summer Enrichment - 10 - Can I send my child for only a week?
- Summer Enrichment - 11 - Authorized Pick-up procedures
- Summer Enrichment - 12 - If the class I want to register for is already full is there a waiting list?
- Summer Enrichment - 13 - Kindergarten: Ready, Set, Go
- Summer Enrichment - 14 - Is Lunch provided?
- Summer Enrichment - 15 - Solana Vista DROP-OFF & PICK-UP Procedures
- Summer Enrichment - 16 - Carmel Creek DROP-OFF & PICK-UP procedures
- Summer Enrichment - 17 - Who are the Summer Enrichment Principals?
- Summer Enrichment - 18 - CDC - Childcare provided?
- Summer Enrichment - 19 - Eleyo Account and Student Profile
Setting up your Account Profile
Hello from Solana Beach School District! We have transitioned to a new online registration system called Eleyo. This quick reference will walk you through the process for setting up your new Account Profile. We encourage you to add all members of your household and add emergency contacts for your children (if applicable) in anticipation of future registrations within the Eleyo system.
Create your Account Profile
✓Select Sign In (top, right corner). If your email address is recognized as a previously registered user, please use the Forgot Password link to receive an emailed link to create a password. Otherwise select Create Account.
✓Complete the Register a New Account Form then select Create Account.
✓After you have finished setting up your profile, select the Community Education link in the upper left area of the screen then select Explore All Programs then Your Dashboard. This will populate your contact information within the Community Education system -or- continue to the steps below to Add Family Members and Emergency Contacts.
An email will be sent from Eleyo with a link to verify your account. Use the Verify Your Email Address button on that email to verify your account.
Add Family Members and Emergency Contacts to Your Account Profile
✓If you are not already on the website, browse to https://sbsd.net/summer and login with your email address and password.
✓Select your name in the top right, corner of the screen then Your Account/Relationships.
✓Use the Add button to add all family members to facilitate upcoming registrations in the system. When adding a grade for a Pre-K student, select Kindergarten and the year your child will be entering Kindergarten (you may edit this at a later date if needed).
✓Select the Create Person button. Use the Emergency Contacts button to add emergency contacts for children in your profile. In order to prevent creating duplicate users in the system, when adding an Emergency Contact already attached to your profile, select from the list of already existing users as you type. Use the Copy Emergency Contacts to copy contacts from child to child.
✓After you have finished setting up your profile, select the Community Education link in the top, left area of the screen then select Explore All Programs then Your Dashboard. This will populate your contact information within the Community Education system.
UPDATED INFORMATION: Parents should keep their student's information updated in the system, items such as:
- Attending School in the fall
- Parent phone numbers
- Emergency Contacts
- Student Dates: June 21 - July 16, 2021
- Student Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. (NO LUNCH is provided)
- HOLIDAY - July 5th
- Skyline Elementary , 606 Lomas Santa Fe, Solana Beach, CA 92075 , 858-794-3600
- Carmel Creek Elementary, 4210 Carmel Center Rd., San Diego CA 92130, 858-794-4400
- Additional Information call the summer hotline at 858-794-7138. After June 21, 2021 please call the prospective school sites.
Cancellation Policy - Solana Beach School District reserves the right to cancel classes due to low enrollment. If it is necessary to cancel a class a full refund is guaranteed. We would also like to invite you to choose another "open" class. We need a minimum of 17 student to fly a class.
Refund Policy & Procedure - Parents should contact Melani Graeser at the district office to discuss any cancelations or class switches. Please email the refund request to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the first day of school or call 858-794-7138. Refunds will not be granted after the first day of class. A full refund will only be given if the class is canceled. Absolutely no refunds, credits or transfers of payment made for the class will be given once the classes start regardless if the child attends or not.
There are NO sibling discounts.
Fee per course is $480 (some courses have an extra supplies fee, see class descriptions)
Minimum students required to create a class is 15.
Yes, there are a limited number of scholarships available for enrichment classes. Scholarships are ONLY for current SBSD students and their siblings. To be eligible for scholarships, students must meet the following criteria:
1. Eligible and approved for Free or Reduced cost meals within the Solana Beach School District during the 2020- 2021 school year.
2. Students must attend all 19 days of school for the full 3.5 hours per day
3. Scholarships are for registration fees only and may not include the additional supplies fees for some classes.
4. Applications will be accepted from April 16 - May 3, 2021
Applications for scholarships will be accepted until May 3, 2021. To apply for a scholarship pick up a pink Summer Enrichment registration form at your school site, complete the registration form, attach a copy of your free/reduced lunch letter and submit it to the district office at 309 N. Rios, Solana Beach, CA 92075, attention Evonne Cordova, Instructional Services.
Online registration will open on April 2 - June 11, 2021
Summer courses are open to students from all districts. Confirmation notices will be emailed upon completing of student registration. Please keep a copy of the confirmation for your records. A reminder confirmation will be emailed a few days before classes start.
Please call the actual summer school site (SKY or CC) to report that your child will be absent. Do not report your child's absence to the district office. There will be no credit or refunds for missed days of class.
Confirmation letters are generated at the time of registration. Please check the email you used to create your account and register your student. A second confirmation will be sent electronically two days prior to classes starting.
Plan carefully! The district reserves the right to make class changes to better balance out the classroom setting. The district will contact parents if class switches need to be made or if a class is made into a combo class. Should a parent wish to make a class switch please send an email to email@example.com or call 858-794-7138 and speak with Evonne Cordova.
We believe that an enjoyable summer experience is a 19 day experience. For this reason, we do not prorate our classes.
Anyone picking up or dropping off a student during enrichment hours must go to CC or SKY main office and fill out the “Sign In/Out ” binder located at the front desk. They must be authorized and present a current picture I.D. and placed in the students emergency card. You may add emergency contacts to your existing account.
Summer Enrichment - 12 - If the class I want to register for is already full is there a waiting list?
Yes. We do create waiting lists. When a class fills up, please call 858-794-7138 or email us with your request at Email: firstname.lastname@example.org> and ask to be placed on the waiting list. We will contact you as soon as there is an opening.
Every effort will be made to place your child with students from the school he, or she, will be attending in the fall. We like to help students make friends in the summer so to have a familiar face when they start school in the fall. This program is opened to students from ALL districts and registration fills up quickly. Student must be 5 years old by September 1, 2021. Please include the school that your child will attend in the fall on the online registration. The 2021-2022 classroom placements are not made until after Summer Enrichment concludes and school sites open in August.
Lunch is NOT be provided at either school site. Please send a snack with your student each day.
Solana Vista School
780 Santa Victoria, Solana Beach, CA 92075
* * DROP OFF & PICK UP PROCEDURES* *
On the first day of summer enrichment there will be a sign taped to a chair in the back of the school to show where your child’s class will line up everyday during our summer enrichment program. Many teachers have duty in the morning and may not be available to stand by the sign. Please help your child find the sign for their class and have him/her wait there until the teacher is available to pick-up the class and go inside.
Student a.m. drop-off (arrival Time 8:15-8:30):
There are two drop-off zones. They are located in front of the school and on the east side of the school next to the parking lot. NO PARKING is allowed in any of these areas at any time. Students must line up in the back of the school with their class and must remain outside of the building until their teacher walks the whole class into the building.
Student p.m. pick-up (departure 12:00-12:15): NO PARKING is allowed in any of these areas at any time!
1. Please remember to follow the instructions of the staff member on duty. Remember, these procedures are for the safety of your child and the benefit of everyone.
2. Teachers will bring “Ready, Set, Go!” students to the Kindergarten playground. Parents need to park and come collect their children.
3. Teachers will bring/excuse 1st, 2nd and 3rd grade students to the front of the school for pick-up.
4 .Teachers will excuse 4th and 5th grade students to the east pick-up zone. This pick-up area is n near the fields.
5. If you are walking to pick up your child you can meet them from the blacktop area. There will be an adult in the back of the school to supervise the play structure area until 12:15 p.m.
6. We recommend you discuss the dismissal/pick-up plan with your child(ren) prior to the first day of classes.
7. If you have more than one child to pick up, we recommend you use the pick-up area of the youngest student.
It will be necessary that each and every parent accept their responsibility for the safety of ALL our students. Thank you VERY much for your cooperation!
Lisa Mumby & Elisa Fregoso
Summer Enrichment Principals
Carmel Creek Elementary School
4210 Carmel Center Road
San Diego, CA 92130
**DROP OFF & PICK UP PROCEDURES**
We are continuing to follow the safety mitigation measures outlined by the San Diego County Office of Education. At this time, we are only permitting staff and students on campus. If this changes, we will let you know. Also, we will continue to have different entrance/exit points into/out of the school, to allow for distancing. To ensure a smooth drop off and pick up, please follow the procedures outlined below.
On the first day of our Summer Programs, there will be a sign taped to a chair on the blacktop where you will be dropping off and picking up your child. This sign will indicate where your child’s class will line up every day during our summer program. Teachers and support staff will be out in the mornings to help assist your child with finding their teachers' signs. Please let your child know that they will find their teacher's sign and stand in line until it is time to go into the building.
Student a.m. drop-off (arrival time 8:20-8:30):
We will have three drop off/pick up points at Carmel Creek: Front Entrance (Kindergarten Playground), East Entrance and West Entrance. Please see the attached map for details.
1. “Ready, Set, Go!” and Kindergarten Intervention Program/Summer Learning students will need to be walked up to the Front entrance (kindergarten playground gate) by parents. You may park in the East parking lot or along the street.
2. Enrichment Program drop off for grades 1st-6th, will occur at the East entrance of the school. For vehicle drop off, please pull as far forward as possible. All parents will remain in the vehicle. Our morning greeter will help the children depart the vehicle from the passenger side only and have them enter the blacktop area. If you are doing a walking drop off, you may take your child to the gate but please do not enter the campus.
3. Summer Learning/Intervention for 1st-6th grade and Extended School Year (ESY) drop off will occur on the West entrance of the school. For vehicle drop off, please pull as far forward as possible. All parents will remain in the vehicle. Our morning greeter will help the children depart the vehicle from the passenger side only and have them enter the blacktop area. If you are doing a walking drop off, you may take your child to the gate but please do not enter the campus.
4. Students must line up behind their teachers sign and must remain outside of the building until their teacher walks the whole class into the building.
Student p.m. pick-up (departure 12:00-12:10):
1. “ “Ready, Set, Go!” and Kindergarten Intervention Program/Summer Learning students will need to be picked up at the Front entrance (kindergarten playground gate) by parents. You may park in the East parking lot or along the street.
2. Enrichment Program pick up for grades 1st-6th, will occur at the East entrance of the school.Your child will be waiting in a designated area. Please pull as far forward as possible. All parents will remain in the vehicle. Our afternoon greeter will come by and ask you for the first/last name of your child and the name of their teacher. Our greeter will help the children enter the vehicle on the curbside only. Please leave promptly and safely. If you are doing a walking pick up, please stay outside the gate and your child will meet you.
3. Summer Learning/Intervention for 1st-6th grade and Extended School Year (ESY) pick up will occur on the West entrance of the school. Your child will be waiting in a designated area. Please pull as far forward as possible. All parents will remain in the vehicle. Our afternoon greeter will come by and ask you for the first/last name of your child and the name of their teacher. Our greeter will help the children enter the vehicle on the curbside only. Please leave promptly and safely. If you are doing a walking pick up, please stay outside the gate and your child will meet you.
- Please remember to follow the instructions of the staff member on duty. Remember, these procedures are for the safety of your child and the benefit of everyone.
- Only park in designated areas or along the street. Please do not park along the drop off/pick up curbs.
- There is no parking anytime between 8:15-8:30 a.m. or 12:00-12:15 p.m. in the front parking lot.
- Students must line up in the assigned area and must remain outside of the building until their teacher walks the whole class into the building or parent picks them up.
- We recommend you discuss the dismissal/pick-up plan with your student(s) prior to the first day of classes. Please let them know if you will be driving or walking to pick them up, this will also assist us in the pick up process.
- Please be patient, as the first few days can be a bit chaotic as we work out all the kinks. We appreciate your cooperation and support.
Skyline: Josephine Piranio
Carmel Creek: Heather Bangalan
Solana Beach School District
Child Development Center Summer Program 2019
The Solana Beach Child Development Center (CDC) will offer after childcare for children attending the Summer Enrichment Program at Carmel Creek and Skyline School.
Carmel Creek Childcare:
Grades K - 6 at Carmel Creek
June 21- July 16, 2019 ONLY
Noon - 4:00 p.m.
Grades K - 6 at Skyline
June 21- July 16, 2019 ONLY
Noon - 4:00 p.m.
* Both sites will be closed July 5, 2021
The CDC Summer Program is designed for children entering K-7. Each child attending the summer program must be registered with CDC. Registration is done online.
For fee information please contact CDC at (858) 794-7160
For information regarding the Child Development Center, call (858) 794-7160, or visit our website at www.sbsd.net/cdc
If parents have an existing Eleyo account for their student, it is up to them to keep the information on their student with current information:
- Attending School in the fall
- Parent phone numbers
- Emergency Contacts
Still have questions?
Feel free to contact us with what's on your mind.